J.D., Wake Forest University School of Law, 1992
B.A., cum laude, History, Wake Forest University, 1989
Georgia (1992), Georgia Court of Appeals, Supreme Court of Georgia, United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Mr. Sandifer, a principal of the Firm, has over twenty years of experience in the successful representation of large corporations as well as smaller businesses and individuals in business disputes. Mr. Sandifer’s practice encompasses the full range of litigation matters, from class actions to partnership and contract disputes, employment litigation, corporate governance disputes, insurance defense, real estate, business torts, intellectual property, construction, and franchise disputes. He engages in all phases of civil litigation and alternative dispute resolution from pre-suit negotiation and mediation to jury trial and appellate work. Mr. Sandifer also routinely assists clients in litigation prevention by reviewing and drafting contractual documents and assessing particular business scenarios in the course of clients’ day-to-day business dealings.
His experience includes the following:
- Successfully litigating and negotiating numerous restrictive covenant and trade secret matters on behalf of both employers and employees.
- Representing automobile parts distributor in patent infringement and unfair competition action.
- Achieving major victory in dismissal of multi-million-dollar late fee class action for one of nation’s largest cable television providers.
- Successfully negotiating settlement on behalf of large cable television provider in business interference action against satellite television provider.
Mr. Sandifer is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and admitted to all federal and state courts in Georgia. He has earned Martindale-Hubbell’s “AV Preeminent” peer review rating, the highest rating available for legal ability and professional ethics, and has been selected by his peers for inclusion in Georgia Super Lawyers.
Mr. Sandifer serves as an elder at North Decatur Presbyterian Church in Decatur, Georgia, and as a member of the Board of Directors of Atlanta Youth Soccer Association, Inc.
- Clark v. Life Insurance Company of North America, 950 F.Supp.2d 1348, 2013 WL 3005289 (N.D. Ga. 2013)
- Paris Foods Corp. v. Foresite Foods, Inc., 2007 WL 568841 (N.D. Ga. 2007), aff’d 278 Fed. Appx. 873, 2008 WL 2059882 (C.A.11 Ga. 2008)
- Alexander-Johnson v. Lids/Hat World, 2008 WL 5115195 (N.D. Ga. 2008)
- Curtis 1000 v. George B. Martin and David L. Bean, et al., 2006 WL 2981305 (M.D. Tenn. 2006)
- BellSouth Telecommunications, Inc. v. MCIMetro Access Transmission Services, Inc., 317 F.3d 1270 (11th Cir. 2003)
- Wilson Roman Pineiro v. Louis Franco Betancourt, Diana Betancourt, Benchmark International, Inc., 1993 U.S. App. Lexis 31956 (11th Cir. 1993)
- Waldeck v. Curtis 1000, Inc., 261 Ga. App. 590, 583 S.E.2d 266 (2003)
- Telescripps Cable Co. v. Welsh, 247 Ga. App. 282, 542 S.E.2d 640 (2000)
- Valley Place, Ltd. v. T.I. Equity Fund (1995), L.P., 246 Ga. App. 378, 541 S.E.2d 37 (2000)
- Collins v. East R.S., Inc., 228 Ga. App. 627, 492 S.E.2d 351 (1997)
- Brennan v. Freight Room, Inc., 226 Ga. App. 531, 487 S.E.2d 109 (1997)
- Dowdy v. Earthwise Restaurant Management, Inc., 221 Ga. App. 220, 471 S.E.2d 42 (1996)
- Smith v. Transamerica Ins. Co., 218 Ga. App. 839, 463 S.E.2d 711 (1995)